Call for Speakers
Deadline for abstract submission was March 28, 2022
Business Agility Day brings together all roles, departments, professions and levels necessary for a successful transformation.
At this one-day conference, practitioners from leading companies share insights and best practices on topics ranging from operational to strategic agility. Business Agility Day provides an opportunity to exchange experiences and share ideas, to network and to leave with practical suggestions to apply when you get back to the office.
Every year, we have an open call for speakers, where we invite practitioners to send in your stories. What challenges have you overcome? What approaches or tools worked for you and your team? Where are you heading? Take to the stage and share your solutions with the agile community!
People, HR & Motivation systems
- Fight for talent, building skills for the future
- Improving employee working experience with agility
- Keeping collaborative culture alive in hybrid working mode
- From performance management to agile people practices at scale
Executive Leadership & Culture
- Mid-management in Agile /The squeezed middle
- The role of the CFO in Agile
- Creating the future / explore
Business Innovation & Customer Value
- Agile beyond the hype – what happens after the transformation
- Real financial and non-financial impact and how to measure it
- Strategic aligned impact, empowering the agile organization to prioritize
- Chain of why and valuable outcomes
- Managing the portfolio as an executive
- Business model evolution while maintaining the current one
Ecosystem: Agile Operating model, Scaling and Sustainability
- The cost of mixing the “old world” with the new agile setup
- Front Loading and Design Quality in an agile way of working
- How to make agile stick and sustainable
- Nationalism and what that means for innovation and operations companies
Strategy & Org Design
- Organizational change inertia
- Mid to long term planning in an agile/VUCA world
- Next level of agility maturity
- Changing Operation Model in an international setting
- Beyond best practices, learnings from failures
There is a 2-step selection process:
1) All abstracts are evaluated. Applicants who are shortlisted will be asked to send their presentation to the organisers.
2) The Conference Board will evaluate the presentations and select 12-15 presentations for the final programme.
Abstracts will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Benefits for participants / Transferable learning objectives
- Originality / Innovation
- Comprehensibility / Storyline / Structure
- Practical relevance / actionable content
- March 28, 2022: Deadline Abstracts
- April 15, 2022: Feedback Round 1
- May 1, 2022: Deadine Presentations
- June 1, 2022: Feedback Round 2
- November 24, 2022: Conference
No Sales Pitches, please!
You love your company, your products, your services? And that’s great, because life is too short to waste at a job you hate! But please focus your talk/workshop on practical, real world solutions that are transferrable to other attendees. Pure sales pitches and talks that focus heavily on a specific tool or service will be rejected.
For the purpose of establishing a clear line between partners and other service providers, we have decided to ask service providers in the main program to also support the conference as partners – we view this as fair.
Service providers are defined are those who offer services in the agile field in the German-speaking region of Switzerland and who seek to directly gain economic advantage through their stage appearance.
If a speaker feels that s/he is not included in the definition (because s/he, for example, does not seek direct economic benefit or proposes unique content), an appropriate option can be offered. The Conference Board will consider this request in good faith and, together with the speaker, will seek a solution.
Talks are 30 minutes long (incl Q&A); Workshop are hands-on, interactive sessions for a smaller group (ca. 30 participants) and last 60-70 minutes.
All speakers are granted free entry to both conferences (Business Agility Day and Agile Leadership Day), including catering and the partner expo. Please note that travel costs are not covered by the organisers.
Still have some questions? Drop us a line at: info@BusinessAgilityDay.ch
Deadline for abstract submissions is March 28, 2022.