Call for Speakers
Deadline for abstract submission has passed.
Stay tuned for the programme launch end of May.
Business Agility Day brings together all roles, departments, professions and levels necessary for a successful transformation.
At this one-day conference, practitioners from leading companies share insights and best practices on topics ranging from operational to strategic agility. Business Agility Day provides an opportunity to exchange experiences and share ideas, to network and to leave with practical suggestions to apply when you get back to the office.
Every year, we have an open call for speakers, where we invite practitioners to send in your stories. What challenges have you overcome? What approaches or tools worked for you and your team? Where are you heading? Take to the stage and share your solutions with the agile community!
Great Place to Work
- Retention and the development of the mid management
- Staff motivation and retention strategies
- Attracting talents – as well as managing knowledge erosion as older people leave and younger generations with a different mentality come in
- Keeping collaborative culture alive in hybrid working mode
Executive Leadership & Culture
- Delivering results in an Agile organisation
- Empowerment and responsibility
- Feedback (holistic goals, regular brain-friendly feedback)
- Growth Mindset Culture
- Beyond best practices: learning from failures (we say we do, but very often we really don’t…)
Business Innovation & Customer Value
- User centric (through the OKRs and living the events)
- Business model evolution while maintaining the current one
- Managing pressure to our established lean business model
- How to handle people costs, components costs, decoupling supply chains in a business and geo political environment that goes up and down
- Strategic aligned impact, empowering the Agile organization to prioritize
- SAFe beyond the hype – what happened after the transformation
Ecosystem: Agile Operating Model, Scaling and Sustainability
- Ecosystem with focus on sustainability, traceability and economics
- Phasing in organizational models/processes/decision-making structures that are sustainable
- The cost of mixing the ‘old world’ with the new Agile setup
Strategy & Org Design
- Develop strategies (in collaboration with business and IT) for dealing with disruptive approaches
- Dealing with even faster cycles in the area of technology (Metaverse and others) and business opportunities
- How Data and AI disrupts our business models
- Mid- to long-term planning in an Agile/VUCA world
There is a 2-step selection process:
1) All abstracts are evaluated. Applicants who are shortlisted will be asked to send their presentation to the organisers.
2) The Conference Board will evaluate the presentations and select 12-15 presentations for the final programme.
Abstracts will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Benefits for participants / Transferable learning objectives
- Originality / Innovation
- Comprehensibility / Storyline / Structure
- Practical relevance / actionable content
- February 27, 2023: Deadline Abstracts
- March 24, 2023: Feedback Round 1
- April 16, 2023: Deadine Presentations
- May 24, 2023: Feedback Round 2
- October 25, 2023: Conference
No Sales Pitches, please!
You love your company, your products, your services? And that’s great, because life is too short to waste at a job you hate! But please focus your talk/workshop on practical, real world solutions that are transferrable to other attendees. Pure sales pitches and talks that focus heavily on a specific tool or service will be rejected.
For the purpose of establishing a clear line between partners and other service providers, we have decided to ask service providers in the main program to also support the conference as partners – we view this as fair.
Service providers are defined are those who offer services in the agile field in the German-speaking region of Switzerland and who seek to directly gain economic advantage through their stage appearance.
If a speaker feels that s/he is not included in the definition (because s/he, for example, does not seek direct economic benefit or proposes unique content), an appropriate option can be offered. The Conference Board will consider this request in good faith and, together with the speaker, will seek a solution.
Talks are 30 minutes long (incl Q&A); Workshop are hands-on, interactive sessions for a smaller group (ca. 30 participants) and last 60-70 minutes.
All speakers are granted free entry to both conferences (Business Agility Day and Agile Leadership Day), including catering and the partner expo. Please note that travel costs are not covered by the organisers.
Still have some questions? Drop us a line at: info@BusinessAgilityDay.ch
Deadline for abstract submissions is February 27, 2023.